Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stampin' Up! Australia - Color Coach #76 - Stampin' Up! Lotus Blossom and Painted Petals

Blackberry Bliss #1


#ColorCoachJourney 

Hi


The colours on my card today are the Color Coach suggestion of Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky and Old Olive.

Since Blackberry Bliss and Soft Sky are two of the colours featured in the brand new Painted Petals Designer Series Paper, I thought I would use those as the basis of my card. Now, the Painted Petals DSP that has the Blackberry Bliss flowers...the one that I used for my banner....has little specks of Daffodil Delight on it so, to make it Color-Coach-compliant, I went over the specks with the lightest marker from the Old Olive Blendabilities pack. Easy!

The Soft Sky DSP from the pack is really lovely and has a watercoloured wash over it - you can see how the bottom corner of the card is a bit of a darker shade of Soft Sky. Very pretty paper!

I've also used 2 items from the new Artisan Embellishment Kit....the Blackberry Bliss velvet ribbon and the small doilies - I put two together and they fit perfectly around the oval framelit die cut.

The gorgeous embellishment here is a brand new piece of bling from Something Borrowed Embellishments. They are SO beautiful. I layered it onto a punched piece of Blackberry Bliss to highlight it. Glue dots hold it perfectly in place.

My stamped image is the new Lotus Blossom stamp from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue. This stamp is FREE with any $90 order. It is a 3-step stamping product, so there are three layers to the flower.....all are stamped with Blackberry Bliss. The stem is Old Olive.

I went one step further as a final touch and lined my envelope with some more of the Painted Petals DSP. The Envelope Liner Framelit Dies are perfect for this.


This card is an Anniversary card for my parents-in-law...I tried to make the 'Happy Anniversary" sentiment work on the card, but it just didn't want to fit anywhere, so I left it without the sentiment and I personally think it looks better. :)

In keeping with the Anniversary theme, this is the sketch from the One Year Anniversary Celebration from Fusion, yet another reason that I wanted to put a sentiment on the card as a shout-out, but alas, it didn't come together for me.

I love this blog challenge and really should play there more often.....I will commit to more Fusion in 2015!! :)




I hope you like my card. If you have been inspired by it and would like to support my creative business, all the supplies may be found by clicking through the links below which will take you to my store. 

The 2015 Occasions Catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration catalogue are OUT NOW so if you would like to go on my mailing list and receive your free copy, just send me an email. :)

Alternatively, you may download the catalogues here (Occasions) and here (Sale-A-Bration) 


Cheers

Visit my online store for Stampin' Up! supplies.
Are you one of my 14,000+ Pinterest followers?
Have you 'Liked' me on Facebook?
Have you tagged me on Instagram?
Have you tweeted me on Twitter?

5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Alison. I've resisted all of these raspberry toned inks, but Blackberry Bliss was irresistible! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...Blackberry Bliss is pretty sweet! It seems to work with an array of colours too. Thanks for your comment. xx

      Delete
  2. Well we would sure be honored to have you more often at the Fusion Challenge! Love your anniversary card and I agree that sometimes a sentiment just doesn't work out for the front. Good call, it's a pretty card! Thanks again for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naaaw - thanks Kelly! You are so kind. Hopefully see you at the next challenge. :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such a beautiful card! Love, love, love how you used the sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx