Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Stampin' Up! Hip Hip Hooray - CASE-ing The Catty

Hi

At CASE-ing the Catty this week, we are exploring the Kids chapter of the catalogue. 



CASE - The acronym stands for COPY AND SHARE EVERYTHING. The latest Stampin' Up! ® Catalogue certainly encourages crafters to do just that as it is jam packed with amazing, inspirational projects.

The idea is to feature a section of the Stampin' Up! ® catalogue each week using the projects in the catty as inspiration.



You can directly CASE (Copy and Share Everything) or use a sketch/layout, colour combo, embellishment, just to name a few examples, as a springboard for your own creations.


Here's a Badge to paste to your blog:


Guidelines


  •   Create a new project for the current challenge (no back linking)
  • Mention CTC Challenges in your blog post and link back to the challenge blog so others can join in on the fun.
    • Let us know what project you CASED and make reference to the page of your country's catalogue where you got your inspiration. 
    • SUO products (retired or current) may be used in your projects for CTC Challenges. 


    So let's go!

    My card was inspired by the card on page 86 of the catalogue....I loved the background of the Large Polka Dot embossed texture and the fun colour combination of Crushed Curry, Kraft, Real Red, Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate.

    I used my markers to colour in my stamp (from the Hip Hip Hooray card kit). The arrow is cut from a retired set called "Hello Lovely" but there is a gorgeous arrow punch that you could use from the new catalogue instead, or an arrow framelit from the Label Card Thinlits Die (I've linked these products below).

    To make the glittery star, I covered my punched star in Versamark and then sprinkled Heat & Stick Powder over the top of it. I heated this with the Heat Tool so it was nice & sticky and then I sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter over it....so you get a glittery Crushed Curry star!

    Now I don't have the Kraft card stock yet, so I upcycled a piece of backing cardboard that I got from one of the many Stampin' Up! kits and DSP that I've bought over the years....I'm a hoarder and I keep EVERYTHING! :)



    Here's the original:

    Hope you like my card and are inspired to play along. :)

    You can buy all the supplies at my online store by clicking the links below...

    Cheers
    Alison xx

    2 comments:

    1. Hello dear Alison!!
      WOW this is such a groovy card and without saying when we get inspiration from page 86!!! HOW TOTALLY WONDERFUL that sooo many of us loved that card!!! That sparkly gold star is perfect!!
      Smiles Sharnee :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Really love your interpretation of that popular sketch! Such a happy, vibrant card.

      ReplyDelete

    Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
    Peace & love
    Alison xx