Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Stampin' Up! Age Awareness - CASE-ing The Catty

Hi

At CASE-ing the Catty this week, we are exploring the Home Decor chapter of the catalogue. 



CASE - The acronym stands for COPY AND SHARE EVERYTHING. The latest Stampin' Up! ® Catalogue certainly encourages crafters to do just that as it is jam packed with amazing, inspirational projects.

The idea is to feature a section of the Stampin' Up! ® catalogue each week using the projects in the catty as inspiration.



You can directly CASE (Copy and Share Everything) or use a sketch/layout, colour combo, embellishment, just to name a few examples, as a springboard for your own creations.


Here's a Badge to paste to your blog:


Guidelines


  •   Create a new project for the current challenge (no back linking)
  • Mention CTC Challenges in your blog post and link back to the challenge blog so others can join in on the fun.
    • Let us know what project you CASED and make reference to the page of your country's catalogue where you got your inspiration. 
    • SUO products (retired or current) may be used in your projects for CTC Challenges. 


    So let's go!

    I flipped through the home decor section of the catalogue and, like you most probably, oooh'd and aaaah'd at all the gorgeousness in it. One particular image caught my eye though....the doormat with HELLO on it.....I love it!  



    So I made a card using my Dots and Stripes Decorative Masks and the die cut from the Circle Card Thinlits Die. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Age Awareness - a new photopolymer stamp set! LOVE THIS!


    In order to make the die cut 'pop', I cut two layers from Real Red card stock and two layers from Basic Black. I stuck the two Basic Black layers ontop of one another, then stacked the Real Red layers on top of that. It feels like a piece of chipboard and it really pops off the page. So fun!

    I first saw this 'faux chipboard' technique on a card by Maureen Merritt...she really is the Queen of Clean & Simple style. 

    Hope you like my card.....if you would like to buy these products, just hop over to my online store to place an order. :)

    Cheers
    Alison xx

    Materials used:
    Stamp - Age Awareness
    Ink - Crushed Curry, Real Red
    Cardstock - Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
    Tools - Dots & Stripes Decorative Mask, Stampin' Sponges, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlits Die

    2 comments:

    Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
    Peace & love
    Alison xx