Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Less Is More - The Very Hungry Caterpillar Card

Hi

The challenge at Less Is More this week is Adapt a Fingerprint on a One Layer Card. HOW FUN!!!!!

I knew exactly what I was going to do.....and that was The Very Hungry Caterpillar. 

The book just happened to be near my craft table when I saw this challenge come through, so it was quite the happy coincidence. :)









I took a Whisper White notecard and a selection of Stampin' Up! green inks....Gumball Green, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Garden Green and Lost Lagoon for a shot of blue tones. 

I inked up my trusty fingerprint and stamped the caterpillar pattern using different ink colours and overlapping and stamping off now and then. The caterpillar's face was stamped using Tangelo Twist and the feet and eyes drawn with a Baked Brown Sugar marker.

This card is going to the daughter of a friend of mine for her birthday so I thought the Wish Big sentiment would be appropriate and then it struck me that a butterfly in the background would complete the caterpillar's 'story'. Cute yes?

I hope you like my card. 

Cheers
Alison xx

Materials used:
Stamps - My wonderful fingerprint!, A Dozen Thoughts (for the sentiment), Papillon Potpourri (for the butterfly)
Ink - Gumball Green, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Garden Green, Tangelo Twist, Lost Lagoon, Baked Brown Sugar Marker. 





11 comments:

  1. I love it, its just too cute. A great CASE of the original image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Alison. I love your caterpillar. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant!
    Love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and perfectly finger printed
    Well done and thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I might have to persuade my granddaughters to try copying it with me during the school holidays. They love crafting with granny and they are big Hungry Caterpillar fans so they won't take much persuading. I'm sure their results won't be as stunning as this though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card, I love your fingerprint caterpillar.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there is a fab 'looper' if I have ever seen one !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant book and a gorgeous card :))
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alison what a fab version of the Hungry Caterpillar, this is such fun
    Thanks for getting inky with LIM this week
    Anne
    'Less is More'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being ShowCASed on LIM Alison. Fabulous job on the finger print challenge. Well Done!!!
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx