Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Stampin' Up! Australia - Komodo Dragon Birthday

Hi!

Yep - you read that right.....Komodo Dragon Birthday. :)

I was asked by a colleague at work to make a birthday card for her son .... "he loves Komodo dragons....can you do something with a Komodo dragon on it?!"

Um......well yeah I guess.....

Stampin' Up! doesn't have a Komodo dragon stamp. I don't own ANY Komodo dragon stamps!....are there any Komodo dragon stamps???

Anyway...that's where My Digital Studio comes in really handy. 

I just found an image of a Komodo dragon online, imported it into My Digital Studio and opened it in a project file. I then added a speech bubble with the birthday greeting. :)

I was very much inspired by this card by Patty Bennett....she had made the cutest squirrel card using a photo image and a speech bubble...with a cool wooden fence for the squirrel to run on. 

Patty was kind and generous enough to grant permission to me to share my card with you on my blog....I thank Patty for her inspiration! :)


The recipient loved my card by the way! :)

Cheers
Alison 

Materials used:
Stamp - Hardwood
Ink - Soft Suede
Cardstock - Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Accessories - photo, non-SU pewter brads
Tools - My Digital Studio, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips







1 comment:

  1. I love this, Alison, and I'm not surprised the recipient did, too! This is just the thing my little grandsons would love, so thanks for passing on a great idea!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx