Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

CASE Study Design Team

Marina Mist Card #2

Hi

Here's a card from my my Color Coach Journey. This card uses Marina Mist, Old Olive and Real Red. 


I have used the sketch from Retrosketches this week to help me. There were lots of cool angles in their sketch and I haven't done a card that uses layered angles before. 

I am also entering this card into the CASE Study Design Team call. I haven't been on a Design Team for a while, and I do really miss the regular challenge to create something unusual and inspiring. CASE Study always have UNBELIEVABLE muses to inspire the team and participants.  

My personal muse is Catherine Pooler - she has such a fun and artistic style and is always pushing the boundaries of her creativity. She is never unafraid to try new things and I think that is the key to developing as a card designer. I am always in awe of the things that she does with paper, stamps and ink! 

She has shared a few angled cards on Stampnation, but I think this one on her blog  is my favourite. There's also a photo below my card :)

I was inspired by her gradient sponging, angles, and gold sequins. So cool! 






I got the effect on my card by sponging Marina Mist, Real Red and Old Olive onto a piece of Whisper White. The overlap of Real Red & Marina Mist produces a lovely purple colour and the overlap of Old Olive and Marina Mist gives a gorgeous deep teal.    
I hope you dig my card! :)

Cheers
Alison xx

3 comments:

  1. I love how jam packed with fun techniques this card is! Sponged rainbow of colours, multi-coloured stamping, great layout - but I'm flipping over the sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Alison! I love how your sponging turned out! And I agree with Iwona, the sequins are fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx