Welcome to my blog!

Hi!

I invite you to please visit some of my blog posts below and have a look at the projects that I've created with the wonderful Stampin' Up! product range.

If you would like a current Stampin' Up! catalogue please email me!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Festive Fridays #13 - Christmas Colour Challenge - Snow Swirled Vintage

Hi Everyone

Here's my latest design for Nicole Derendorf’s Festive Friday Challenges. I'm usually not one to create vintage cards....it's not that I don't like them...I LOVE them, but I'm generally not that good at making them.

Here is the colour palette for our Christmas card this week....just the combo of Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla triggers the vintage feel for me I think....




...and here's my card....

Do you like it? Not bad for probably my 2nd vintage effort. :)

May I also take this opportunity to share a bit of a mistake with you. For some reason when I was preparing my design for this week's challenge, somehow 'Not Quite Navy' got stuck in my head instead of 'Island Indigo'...so I happily created this card without realising that my colours were wrong. **sigh**


Fortunately, it was easy to re-create with the correct colours for the challenge.....how I love Stampin' Up!!! :)

I actually like these cards so much, I might make a tonne of them for my swaps for Stampin' Up! Convention this year. We shall see..... :)

Happy Stampin'!
Cheers
Alison xx

Materials used:
Stamps - Snow Swirled, Sanded (retired)
Ink - Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Pool Party (Not Quite Navy for card #2)
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo (Not Quite Navy for card #2)
Accessories - Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon (from the new Autumn/Winter mini catalogue!), Vintage Brads.
Tools - Big Shot, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Stamping Sponges, Stamp-a-majig, SNAIL, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Paper Cutter, Paper Snips, Mat Pack.

2 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are great Alison! I like you dont do 'vintage' too often, but I think you pulled it off beautifully! I also love your two toned stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shadow effect you've created with your tree Alison and the vintage styling. They say there's no such thing as a mistake in crafting - only a new opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing the love of cardmaking! Your comments are appreciated!
Peace & love
Alison xx